Auburn is centrally located in New York State, and is found in the Great Lakes region, the richest market in the world. The following is a breakdown of populations for the entire U.S. and Canada.
Proximity to Major North American cities: Within a days drive of Auburn. . .
- 50% of the population of the U.S. and Canada is located
- 50% of personal income earned
- 50% of wholesale sales take place
- 48% of retail trade is conducted
- 52% of all professionals and technicians practice
- 49% of all skilled workers make their living
- 54% of all manufacturing establishments
- 57% of the total value added by manufacturing
- 47% of all business establishments
Auburn is located in an area known for its higher education. Surrounding Auburn is a concentration of some of the nation’s finest colleges and universities, including Cornell University, Rochester Institute of Technology, and Syracuse University. These schools provide quality education and produce ground-breaking research, as well as enrich our lives through the arts. Opportunities to develop human potential are abundant.